I give you 20 Answers:
The 'rules' are, once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with any number random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end choose people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. I don't like these 'rules', so if you are reading and choose to continue this, please do so. I'd love to read what you have to say...
1. I generally live in the moment and find lists like this difficult because I have trouble remembering things from my past which may be relevant. My thoughts are typically revolving around "now" or "soon".
2. I commuted on my motorcycle as my primary mode of transportation with my hearse as a backup car when needed. After moving to Portland and working from home, I never drove the hearse and rarely rode the bike, so I sold the hearse. Now my only form of transportation is my motorcycle, and my wife's car when she isn't at work.
3. I rode my motorcycle 1000 miles in 18.5 hours from Orange County to Portland, OR. to try and get my "Saddle Sore 1k" certification, but fell short on my receipt paperwork to confirm it by 15 miles, even though my odometer showed we had traveled 1003 miles. I never got the confirmation, but I know I did it, and my body knew I did it too.
4. In high school psychology class, I learned about self actualization and thought I fit the criteria. To this day I have no clue what I was thinking and find myself to be less and less actualized as time progresses.
5. In November I started and completed a 50,000 word fiction novel, not a word of which will ever see the light of day. In re-reading the narrative I came to realize I am not a fiction novelist. Releasing it into the wild, even after extensive editing, would only prove to everyone else the same thing. I'd prefer people to think of me as if I could indeed write well.
6. Despite all efforts to the contrary, I do care deeply about how people think of me.
7. Though Colleen will disagree, I do not have a secret love for New Kids on the Block. I do, however, have a not-so-secret love for Justin Timberlake's music, as well as Missy Elliot, Pink, Gwen Steffani, Busta Rhymes, any pop-song covers played by punk bands, and to my wife's dismay, Rockapella.
8. Moving out of Southern California to a suburb of Portland Oregon was simultaneously the worst and best thing I have ever done. I am a much happier person now, but deeply miss all the friends we left behind.
9. I have a deep-seeded belief that Alton Brown stole my dream life when he took his food show on the road via his BMW GS motorcycle, road cross country eating at roadside diners, and getting paid to film it and subsequently write a recipe book afterwards. Given the resources, I would do the same thing, sans having my own TV show.
10. After 10+ years of working in a technical support capacity, I cringe every time the phone rings. I rarely pick it up, and if I do, my calls tend to be much shorter than earlier in life. This is directly related to the fact that I am much more well spoken through the written word than verbal communications. Writing allows me to collect my thoughts and organize the words to my preference. Speaking just allows me to sounds stupid.
11. I despise television, but it is the one thing outside of work that occupies the majority of my time. Watching tv allows me to turn my mind off and decompress in a way that if I did so during any activy hobby would result in catastrophic injury.
12. I can go for at least 6 days without stepping a foot outside of my house. Make it impossible for me to leave, however, and cabin fever sets in within hours. Allow me to leave, and I'll stay inside for days/weeks on end.
13. Years ago I worked for an internet content filtering company (parental control type software) as a Verification Specialist; this required me to visually identify block-able material to ensure we did not block sites that were "legitimate". This translates to me surfing for porn for a living for a year. I have not been the same since this job.
14. When I started the 'porn surfing' job, I was also doing market research for a company that was providing me with a 12 pack of beer a week in order to consume and rate my opinion, for which I was monetarily compensated. The beer was by far better than the porn.
15. I am a grammar and spelling Nazi, and tend to make snap judgments about people if my first impression upon meeting them is in the form of a poorly worded or misspelled forum posting/email, etc. At the same time, I am one of the worst offenders in both categories. I dislike in others that which I see in myself.
16. I rampantly abuse ellipses to intone pauses within my casual writing...
17. LOLCats are disturbingly fascinating to me, regardless (and because) of the flagrant disregard for the Queen's English. My wife and I have been known to speak in LOLCat for entire days; whilst laughing hysterically of course.
18. I lack that part of the brain that makes people have children. Neither Jean nor I have any maternal/paternal instincts and are quite happy being child-free. I also lack the genetic code that makes all men love sports; I couldn't care less about watching any sporting event, let alone following any particular sport team, etc.
19. As much as I'd love to be the creative type, I can not create something from nothing. I am much better at refining someone else's ideas than having any original idea of my own.
20. It took me 3 days to build this list after being tagged in Raz' list. Proof positive of item number 1 I'd say.